From: Chonduy Nguyen [mailto:chonduy9@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 05 March 2010 01:18
To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Dave Scott; Stephen Spector
Subject: XCP / xenAPI shows no vms but vm is still running

Hi

I tried the case when the node - said "P" is unreachable by interface down - so, we restart Vms of that machine to another machine by
doing reset-power-state first and call vms to start at other machine said node "A"

However when the problem node "P"  is up again - xenAPI shows that there is no Vm running on it-   Which is wrong, Vms should be running.
I tested this by stop the vm on "A"  to start that vm on the "P" - "P" complains that

[root@quindecim ~]# xe vm-start vm=ken-debian-vm-2 on=quindecim
The server failed to handle your request, due to an internal error.  The given message may give details useful for debugging the problem.
message: Failure("The VDI 57a82bd4-a889-42ff-94d3-479a2618f2ec is already attached in RW mode; it can't be attached in RO mode!")

After I reboot the node, vm can start.  So, is there any way I can detect that VMs are currently running on the "P" problem machine?

after the Vms relocated to other machine, info from XenAPI showed that that machine has no VMs ( which is incorrect!)

Thanks

ChonDuy/Tnguyen