[Xen-API] XCP DRBD Integration

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Sergio Charpinel Jr." <sergiocharpinel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 21:04:23 -0300
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 17:04:35 -0700

Hi,

I'm student from GSoC project and I'm working in DRBD and XCP integration. I'd like to keep the community updated about the project, and to get some feedback from you.

I was discussing with Dave some possibilites to handle DRBD config while creating the SR. One possibility was to use device-config to handle the configuration. But DRBD configuration is not so simple because we have resources, and inside resources we have nodes in configuration file. So, we have key pairs values for common section, resources section and for each node.
And it should be easy to add new resources to DRBD. So I think it is a good idea to implement a separate plugin to manage DRBD resources (add, remove, edit, etc.) in a existing DRBDSR. But I'm still don't know at what point I can integrate this plugin with the existing SMAPI.

It would be nice to have suggestions from you.

Cheers.

--
Sergio Roberto Charpinel Jr.