[Xen-API] RE: [Xen-devel] RE: XCP: first unstable snapshot available

Ian Campbell wrote on Sat, 17 Jul 2010 at 03:10:04:

> On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 21:18 +0100, Nakajima, Jun wrote:
>> Dave Scott wrote on Tue, 13 Jul 2010 at 10:31:00:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've built a snapshot of XCP unstable and uploaded it here:
>>>
>>> http://www.xen.org/files/XenCloud/Software/unstable/
>>>
>>> The goal is to create snapshots weekly, do some limited tests and
>>> automatically upload them to the website. This particular snapshot
>>> hasn't been tested at all so be careful :-)
>>>

>> Looks like Open vSwitch is not there (unlike XCP 0.5)?
>  I haven't installed this particular build but I can see the vswitch
> bits in the root filesystem tarball and the default set in the installer
> is to use vswitch.
>
> Are you getting no networking at all or is it just using Linux bridging?
Okay, I think it's just that the xsconsole does not show it in the menus. The
commands like ovs-vsctl work fine.

> What does /etc/xensource/network.conf contain?
openvswitch

Did we change it from 'vswitch'?

> What does "rpm -q openvswitch" say?
openvswitch-1.0.1-66.1578

> What about "chkconfig --list openvswitch"?
openvswitch     0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

So we are good.

Jun
___
Intel Open Source Technology Center