Re: [Xen-API] XCP Feature propose - send/receive OS information using introspection

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 17:00 -0200, Marco Sinhoreli wrote:
> Hi Dave:
>
> In our case, we need to control if the user requesting a guest remote
> console will have the xvc0 without a unix user connected. I think to
> use the xen introspection mechanism and a daemon in-guest to
> communicate if the console is locked or free. Basically, in our system
> using the xenapi, we can create a method to request that and receive
> this information. More important is, maintain this 3rd part open to
> cloud providers create themselves control systems.
>
> Any suggestion?

I like qemu/kvm based solution like virtio-serial. And Stefano provide
multiply console support - i think this very interesting feature to
write domU daemon that provides info. Some other solution - XenAccess.
But it more complicated and i don't know much more about it.