[Xen-API] Re: [Xen-devel] XCP: Allow XCP to use ocaml library bindings in Xen unstable (which will become Xen 4.1)

A third version of each of these patch queues will follow shortly.

The upstream xen-unstable.hg bits have been applied as of
22663:4e120cb427f4. Therefore I have dropped xen-devel this time around.

The main difference in this version is that based on the feedback I have
dropped the xc/xcext split. Instead I agree that it makes more sense to
simply include the required interfaces into the XCP hypervisor patch
queue. This will make it easier to upstream stuff without needing to go
back and s/xcext/xc/. It also allows the library additions + bindings to
be merged into the hypervisor patch which adds the hypercalls which
seems sensible.

The following new series against "xen-4.1.pq.hg" (which is actually
against xen-unstable.hg 22694:9b5d121c8805) includes PoC versions of
these patches with the code being taken directly from xen-api-libs.hg/xc
and massaged into the upstream code base.

The patches tagged XCP.PQ were pulled out of the existing XCP patch
queue as a basis for the others.

I have indicated in the checkin comments if I think a patch should be
folded into an existing patch in the queue.

I didn't put much (if any) thought into if/how/when these additions
should be upstreamed. Some of them look like they belong more in libxl
or could be hoisted into pure ocaml with the addition of some constants
to the bindings.

Ian.