Re: [Xen-API] Release date for XCP 1.0 stable

On Monday 14 February 2011 09:41 PM, Jonathan Ludlam wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> OK, the saga of the XCP-1.0 release continues...!
>
> Code-wise, things are pretty much fixed at this point. We don't expect to be
> doing much more unless anyone points out some real showstoppers. Many things
> have been fixed since the beta came out, including the issue with VDIs being
> locked when a host is hard-powered off, and a nasty kernel oops when using
> the md driver.

WoW !!!
Nice to read that the VDI error wont be coming :)

I had to roll back to XCP0.5 as I was facing the VDI error many times on
the XCP1.0 beta. The storage was a shared NFS which got stuck sometimes
resulting VM hangups.

But since I am using XCP1 beta on a shared iSCSI storage, things are
working good.

Thanks for this wonderful product :)

> What's currently blocking the 1.0 release is that we're working hard on
> getting the documentation/wiki sorted out, which has long needed an overhaul.
> We're currently thinking that, if everything works out fine, the 23-34th is
> the expected date for the release.
>
> There is an rc2 available here:
> http://www.xen.org/files/XenCloud/Software/xcp-1.0-rc2
> (build number 40948)
>
> Don't ask about rc1 :-)
>
> If anyone wants to install the rc2 and give its tyres a kick, I'd be very
> grateful, particularly if you found any nasty surprises.
>
> Thanks all for your patience,
>
> Jon
>

> On 11 Feb 2011, at 08:08, Christian Fischer wrote:

>>> There's nothing that says two weeks in the february month.
>>> it probably means 2 weeks from when the mail has been sent...
>>>
>> Well, Mike has announced the release for the second week of february in the
>> first mail of this thread ten days ago. Of course, Lars means two weeks from
>> when the mail has been sent.
>>
>> Is there a pre release younger than build 38754?

Regards,
Rushikesh