Re: [Xen-API] Mailing list spring clean

  • To: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 04:01:02 +0000
  • Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 20:01:33 -0800

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 1:41 AM, George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There is one subtle problem I meet while starting to research Xen: there is
> no user community for XCP, and xen-api mail lists seems confusing for
> people, who just only downloads Xen Cloud Platform... I think here must be
> something like xcp-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The questions about XCP is
> pretty specific to be discussed in xen-users and can be slightly noobie for
> xen-api.

We've been thinking about this one a lot too. The approach that I
would like us to take is to provide a forum interface for XCP users.
Subscribing to forums via email would still be possible. However, a
forum interface can be much easier for users to get involved and can
also be easier when helping with user questions.

I'll send out an email, blog, etc. in the coming days that will
outline some of the options that we are considering.

Thanks,
Todd