Re: [Xen-API] XCP xen-api build error

  • To: Mike McClurg <mike.mcclurg@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Matthias Blankenhaus <matthiasblankenhaus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:44:10 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:44:29 -0700

Mike,

thank you for the info.  In the meantime I had to revert back to xend, 'cause I simply
was unable to build xapi from github.  I am going to the Xen Summit in the beginning of August here in Santa Clara and I hope that I will be able to acquire enough information from attendees to build xapi. In addition, I will keep experimenting with the build process. I will post my findings on this list, once I've been able to build xapi.

In the meantime, it would be really nice if someone who has already build xapi, maybe you ?, could post the spec for the build env on the Xen Wiki or xapi Wiki.  Interesting to know are: distro, OS version, OCaml & OCaml lib versions, versions of required system libs, in general where to get all the modules from.

I want to use xapi, because it has support for pooling.

Thank you,
Matthias