Re: [Xen-API] Project KRONOS - SM drivers not detected anymore after upgrade from repo

On 30/08/11 12:59, Sébastien Riccio wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> After doing a little more search, I found out that XenAPI.py was not
> found anymore in python modules search path and that prevents the SM
> drivers files to be executed.
Ah yes, that would be a problem. I'm not sure why this broke with the
recent upgrade.
> So I've symlinked the files in /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages to
> /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages,
> rebooted and all came back to normal.
Also, you could copy (or symlink) the XenAPI.py file to
/usr/lib/xen/xen-common/xapi/sm/, and I believe that would also fix the
problem.
> Maybe the files should be installed in dist-packages directly in the
> next versions of the packages?
Yes, this is correct. We've got a XenAPI distutils installer already
written, we just need to Debify it a bit.