Re: [Xen-API] missing ebtalbes and arp_tables modules in XCP's dom0 linux

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 8:26 PM, Roman Bogorodskiy
<bogorodskiy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to deploy openstack's nova on XCP. I hit the problem that
> nova agent stuff that needs to be run in dom0 requires arptables and
> ebtables to function.

Are you trying to install Nova on XCP dom0? If so that is not possible
with the XCP appliance version of XCP.

We are porting the XCP toolstack (xapi) to Debian as part of project
Kronos [1], which will allow for OpenStack and xapi to reside on dom0.

For the XCP appliance you need to install Nova in a VM. Detailed
instructions are available here:

http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServerDevelopment

We are tracking (and currently in the process of testing) RPM packages
for the XCP appliance that provide the XenAPI plugins that are needed
on the XCP dom0. The repo that is tracking git commits is available
here:
http://downloads.xen.org/XCP/openstack/openstack-xen-plugins/

XCP + a Nova VM has been successfully tested. The
openstack/openstack-operators mailing list should be used for any
OpenStack-specific issues, but you can also feel free to contact me
via email (or even IRC - deshantm on freenode) for input after you
have created the OpenStack+Xen thread on the appropriate list.

Thanks,
Todd

[1] http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2011/07/22/project-kronos/

--