Re: [Xen-API] missing ebtalbes and arp_tables modules in XCP's dom0 linux

On 09/01/2011 02:49 AM, Todd Deshane wrote:
From that link it says: "XenServer 5.6 FP1 didn't include physdev, ebtables, or arptables but they do have a Cloud Supplemental pack available to partners which swaps out the kernels for kernels that support the networking rules." So this is actually a kernel issue.

In order to make sure that XCP 1.1 supports OpenStack, we'll be compiling in kernel support for ebtables, etc.. This will be disabled by default, so that regular XCP users won't incur the performance penalty that this kernel option my bring. Turning ebtables support on in XCP 1.1 should be as simple as running a sysctl command.

We're currently working on getting an XCP 1.1 build with this kernel option enabled, and we'll then test it early next week. If this build passes our tests, we'll release it on Friday as our RC 1.

Mike