Re: [Xen-API] Flood test with xen/openvswitch

On 07.09.2011 17:39, Rob Hoes wrote:
Hi,

If you are worried that a VM overloads the network, you could try to use the
QoS settings (on the VIF, or on the vswitch port) to limit the data rate
through that VIF.

Cheers,
Rob

Hi Rob,

I have to try this. But i'm not too worried about the network being flooded, it will support it. I'm more concerned about the openvswitch process using 100% cpu and seems to render
the whole host unresponsive to network access.

Also I forgot to mention I was trying this on xapi with debian, so maybe it's not the case
on XCP / XenServer.

Just trying to figure why this is happenning :)

Cheers,
Sébastien