Re: [Xen-API] XCP-1.1 cores-per-socket

On 09/07/2011 02:10 PM, Sennaar wrote:
Hi, I've been doing some 1.1 testing for sometime already, and now I'm stuck with platform:cores-per-socket option, which worked fine with previous versions.

Does it work in 1.1 at all?

Yes, it should. I believe that your issue is related to the licensing snafu that caused DMC problems for people. Run this command:

xe host-license-view | grep platform_filter

This feature flag is a boolean that indicates whether the platform_filter config option is restricted or not. Therefore, a "false" value means that the feature is enabled (it's confusing, I know).

If this command returns "platform_filter: false" and you are still having cores-per-socket issues, then this is a bug. If it returns "true", then we know that the issue is related to the licensing problem and should be fixed in 1.1 RC1.

If you can, go ahead and install the RC1 and see if this resolves your issue.

Mike