Re: [Xen-API] XCP 1.1 RC - Trying to import an ovf file from XenCenter

On 30.09.2011 22:54, Dave Scott wrote:

On Sep 30, 2011, at 9:10 PM, "SÃbastien Riccio"<sr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

On 30.09.2011 21:39, Dave Scott wrote:
Hi,

What tool did you use to import the OVF? The normal "xe vm-import" command doesn't
understand OVF format (yet)-- it only understands "XVA"

Hi,

I did, right-click>  import with XenCenter that I use to connect to XCP.

Is there another way to do it ? is it even supported ?
Ah I understand. Import via xencenter should work. I think it uploads the disk blocks via
a helper vm (known as the "transfer vm") -- perhaps that's missing from the XCP
host.

Cheers,
Dave
Thanks a lot :)

SÃbastien
Now that you're talking about it. I tried it on my debian/xapi box too and it was saying missing plugin "transfer". So I think that's what you're talking about. I will check on the XCP 1.1 if the plugin exists.

Cheers,
SÃbastien