Re: [Xen-API] Xenstore data not getting updated in running VM

Ah, ok, you didn't mention XenAPI.  Those fields is not a 'real time communication way'. If you need to have it, you need to create your own xenstore-based application to be ran in dom0. Or create xapi plugin for this.

This is not really 'API-like', but my experience (we performs about 100-150 writes/reads per second on every host in cloud) says this is single way to have nice real-time communication with domU via xenstore.

pitfall:
Note that VM can reboot itself (new domain - no 'foreign' data in xenstore). Same for migration - every migration move VM to new domain.