Re: [Xen-API] XCP 1.1 DDK for OVS Build

So many threads never get closure I wanted to send a quick follow up.

OVS 1.3 compiled, installed and functions as advertised. If the bond is put into active-backup it will only listen on one interface. That helped us track down another issue we were seeing where the VM VLAN traffic wasn't being passed to the VMs. That turned out to be a problem with the BMC sharing one of the Ethernet ports. For some reason the driver for the BMC or for the Broadcom chipset is munging the VLAN packets, untagged packets are passed up the stack without any issue, but tagged packets are being munged. Since I have a working XCP 1.1 DDK I was able to download the latest Broadcom driver and compile and install it. Unfortunately it didn't help. The only resolution was to install a PCIe card and move the VM VLAN traffic. OVS 1.3 also allowed us to track down and resolve a problem we were seeing with ARP/MAC table convergence which was causing us to see traffic instability for a long period of time (~5 minutes) when moving a VM from one compute node to another, or when the switching the active interface on the bond associated with VM traffic. OVS 1.3 is a nice improvement to the 1.0.2 code shipped with XCP 1.1 and I would highly recommend it if you're seeing any strange behavior with your active-backup bonds in XCP 1.1.