Re: [Xen-API] Architecture of XCP

adding back the list

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:34 AM,  <isha.tarte@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Todd,
>
> Thank you for taking time out to answer my queries. Information which you
> gave was very useful.
> I again have come up with some doubts which are:
>
>  Can you tell me when we (DOM 0) creates a VM what files it append into
> it(VM).

With XAPI, VMs are created from templates and the settings can be seen
with the command xe vm-param-list. There are various xe commands that
can be used to change these settings and add virtual devices, etc.
http://docs.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/4.0.1/reference/ch05.html

>  Does each VM has XAPI in it?

No. In current XCP/XenServer, XAPI runs as a service in dom0, but work
is in progress to allow XAPI to run in a service domain.
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xenopsd

>  XAPI & xapi are two different things? If yes can you please elaborate.

No. You may see XAPI talked about as a toolstack and also as a
service, but its the same XAPI.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Todd