[Xen-API] XCP 1.5 BETA BUG: <installation error>

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Fu Bin-zhang <fubinzhang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 21:43:51 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 13:44:06 +0000

Hi all,

I am trying to install xcp-1.5 beta, however i got an error
about partition table. I am sure that the disk is correctly installed
because i have successfully installed XCP-1.0 on the same machine.
Any hint is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The output is:
An unrecoverable error has occured. The error was:

The new partition table could not be written:
sfdisk: ERROR: sector 0 does not have an msdos signature
/dev/sda: unrecognized partition table type

sfdisk: 1: no such partition

Reversion also failed:
sfdisk: ERROR: sector 0 does not have an msdos signature
/dev/sda: unrecognized partition table type

Best Regards,
Fu, Binzhang