Re: [Xen-API] device disappeared from xenstore

Thanks Jon - I ran that and xend is not running

On May 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM Jonathan Ludlam <Jonathan.Ludlam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Dave,

Have you disabled xend? Run:

ps auxw | grep xend

and see if you get anything.

Jon

On 1 May 2012, at 13:44, David Hout wrote:

Hi,

I'm getting closer with my Kronos on Debian configuration.

I'm issuing a series of xe commands to launch a vm and it's failing with a "device disappeared from xenstore" error.  Can anybody provide guidance?

Thanks,

Dave

Here is the sequence of CLI commands I'm running followed by the error message:

TEMPLATE=`xe template-list name-label=âDebian Squeeze 6.0 (32-bit)â --minimal
VM=`xe vm-install template=$TEMPLATE new-name-label=debian`
NETWORK=`xe network-list bridge=xenbr0 --minimal`
VIF=`xe vif-create vm-uuid=$VM network-uuid=$NETWORK device=0`
xe vm-param-set uuid=$VM other-config:install-repository=http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian
xe vm-memory-limits-set static-min=256MiB static-max=256MiB dynamic-min=256MiB dynamic-max=256MiB vm=$VM
xe vm-start uuid=$VM

This runs for a few seconds and comes back with an error:
The server failed to handle your request, due to an internal error.  The given message may give details useful for debugging the problem.
message:  the device disappeared from xenstore (frontend (domid=1 | kind=vbd | debid=51712); backend (domid=0 | kind=vbd | devid=51712))