Re: [Xen-API] the xapi storage interface

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 04:31:06PM +0100, Dave Scott wrote:
> Over the last few months the storage interface has become a lot bigger,
> with support for disk mirroring, cross-SR disk copies, task cancellation
> and event notification.
>
> It's become clear that the interface isn't very well-factored. Clearly
> a driver domain will only want to implement some basic subset of the
> functionality, and have other parts layered on top.

<snip>
>  * using a convention where multiple rpc-light.idl interfaces can
>    be handled from the same HTTP server, using the URI to disambiguate
>    e.g.
>          HTTP POST /core Query.diagnostics
>            could be different from
>          HTTP POST /data_transfer Query.diagnostics
>    This would allow backends to implement multiple interfaces and allows
>    us to keep the namespaces separate.

Can you version the URL endpoints at the same time? e.g.
HTTP POST /v1/core

I didn't spot this laid out, but how does this relate to the storage
manager plugins? Does this maintain backwards compatibility with that
layer, or are they rewritten too?

--
Anil Madhavapeddy                                 http://anil.recoil.org