Re: [Xen-API] the xapi storage interface

  • To: 'Anil Madhavapeddy' <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:25:56 +0100
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 10:26:04 +0000

Hi Anil,

Anil wrote:
> This is an odd one to have in the storage-specific API.  Is it
> exactly the same Task API as the rest of the XenAPI, and
> duplicated because of the rpc-light interface?
>
> From a client perspective, it would be good to use exactly the
> same task/event/wakeup API for all operations, not just storage.

Yup, it's basically the same interface. I agree it would be better to share it
somehow -- I'll see if I can keep it separate and stop storage-specific types
from accreting into it. At the moment it's a bit polluted with "SR" and "VDI"
types but I could make it more dynamic and then wrap a type-safe layer onto it
for the storage implementation in particular.

Cheers,
Dave