Re: [Xen-API] Openstack Ceilometer

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 00:26:36 +0400
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 20:27:08 +0000

We've implement our own accounting for XCP, so here some insight:

1) Most of the counters are overflowing. More crucial, they going to sub-zero values.
2) When VM migrate it appear as new domain with new counters.
3) CPU time is better to read via xc.domain_getinfo().

PS No, XCP do not have internal reliable counters for resources. There is some rrd-based statistic, but it not provides exact numbers.