[Xen-API] Very poor harddisk performance in guests after move to XCP 1.6

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: ZybSter <zybster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 15:09:20 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:09:32 +0000

Hi everyone,

i recently setup a freshly installed XCP (unattended installation) 1.6 beta.
I had running Citrix Xenserver running for more than 2 years and exported my existing guests via nfs to the new XCP host.
My Citrix Xenserver Release is 6.02 with Patch 9.

I setup XCP beta with the .iso available on xen.org and used installation mode lvm.
Afterwards I reconfigured the system to use RAID1 and abolished LVM, because of the need to have NFS Storage and VHD disks.

I imported my existing guests, after export via nfs in xva format.
Everything seemed to work well, but the guests are having massive harddisk performance problems.
On the host everything works fine. I have 78MB/s dd'ing a test file to the filesystem.

On the guests I have 3-6MB/s dd'ing the testfile.

The Linux guests (Ubuntu 12.04 and Sophos UTM9) as well as the Windows guests (XP, WIN7 64 Ent) are suffering from this problem.

I'd really would like to get this fixed.

Maybe anyone has a solution for this problem.

If you need more information or specific configuration please let me know.

Best regards,

Michael