[Xen-API] Modify ACPI Table Of HVM Guest

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Ashutosh Warikoo <bornlibra23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 18:04:49 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 01:05:06 +0000

Hello All
Could anyone suggest some way to modify the ACPI table which is passed to the HVM guest? I am currently working with Xen-4.1.2.

My exploration suggests that in spite of what the BIOS gives to Xen. Xen always gives a standard ACPI table of its own design to the guest which is not even a variation of the BIOS provided ACPI table.
In addition the guest configuration file only has an option of enabling or disabling the ACPI functionality using acpi = 0 / 1.
It doesn't seem to have a more configurable option for the same akin to the cpuid = [Leaf,Subleaf:eax,ecx,ebx.edx]

Thanks
bornlibra23