Re: [Xen-API] How to built XCP from source-1.iso ?

Hi.

Repack is not the 'rebuild'. Repack is simple unpack and pack back, may be with changes. We do this too (and we actually replace installer with our own to reduce amount input questions).

"Dark magic" I'm talking about is how to get dom0fs.tar.bz2 from clear CentOS installation and bunch of source files.

Some of files (afaik) even had no source code. F.e. you can not get xs-tools.iso (shipped inside XCP to plug to guest domains) from source code, because windows part (paravirtualized drivers) are closed source.

xcp-xapi on ubuntu/debian is much more opensource, you can rebuild them completely from scratches, but they are not very stable (xapi part is fine, but all interaction between xapi and other services is 'done somehow' and under some condition breaks).