Re: [Xen-API] XCP 1.6 BETA compatibility issue with XVP

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:58 AM, Black Bird <blackbird1758@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all

I'm not sure this is the right forum for this.

I use the XVP utility to manage my XCP pool, the main use being the vm
status and remote console. ÂI've used the xvpappliance 1.12.0-1 to
manage my XCP1.1 pool successfully for many months.

Recently I upgraded my XCP pool to 1.6.06-61002c and the xvpappliance
stopped working. ÂSpecifically, after logging into the https
interface, I get the message 'Error: Problem handing response: Cannot
call method 'getElementsByTagName' of null'.

Looking up the xvp tool homepage, I realised there was a new xvp
version 1.14.0, whose features included 'The xvp daemon and related
utilities are now built against version 6.0.0 of Citrix's
libxenserver, instead of version 5.6.100.'

There's my answer I thought. ÂI downloaded the zip, unzipped, xe
vm-imported, modified vif as usual, configured appliance from
xenconsole, during which the pool was connected to without any
apparent error. ÂWhen finished, I logged into the https interface as
before, and I got exactly the same error.

Has anyone had any luck with XVP1.14 and XCP 1.6?

Black Bird,
The XVP list is here.Âxvp-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. They're very responsive to problems.

Grant McWilliams
http://grantmcwilliams.com/

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."Â
Now they have two problems.