[Xen-API] ext3 sr and sr resize

Hi everyone,

this morning I had to add a few disk on a standalone xcp server with local ext3 SR. I integrated those disk in my areca disk volume and the new size was advertised to the dom0 kernel.

I was used to LVM based SR where one just has to sr-unplug then sr-plug so that the LVM SR get the new size right.

However, for my ext3 based SR it didn't work automagically and I had to do things by hand. I didn't found much documentation on ext3 SR expansion except this thread http://forums.citrix.com/message.jspa?messageID=1606099 .

Is it normal to have to do the resize manually or did I do something wrong?

Thanks,

Denis

--
Denis Cardon