[Xen-API] Getting into shape for GSOC 2013

Hi everybody,

this is a gentle reminder to update http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Development_Projects and to start thinking about projects that are suitable for GSoC. The template to add items to the project page is below...

{{project
|Project=Project description
|Date=date of insert
|Contact=Owner name
|Desc=Description of
|GSoC=Yes or No, or any other GSoC related comment
}}

In 2012, we didn't make it into GSoC because we didn't have a good enough project list. We need to have a list of about 10 good project proposals for GSoC and present these nicely. It would be a real shame, if we didn't make it in 2013, in particular with some of the exciting work which is going on at the moment.

In 2011, when we made it our project list was at http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Archived/GSoc_2011_Ideas ... Google has raised the bar, so we need to have
a) Really good descriptions for our GSoC projects
b) Pre-assign mentors to each project
c) Ideally I would like to add biography and interest section for all our mentors. I can create a wiki template for mentors if it helps

All this needs to be in place when we apply for GSoC as a mentoring organisation. The application deadline is likely in early February 2013, so starting on this now should leave us in good shape! If we get a good list of projects together this year, we can tidy it up, iterate and improve in January!

Best Regards
Lars