Re: [Xen-API] XCP 1.6b3 to 1.6b4 Rolling Pool Update not working

On 19/11/12 12:47, Lars Kurth wrote:

> On 19/11/2012 11:55, Mike McClurg wrote:
>> The XCP 1.6 relnotes were copied from the XenServer 6.1 relnotes. This
>> was basically a direct copy, just changing XenServer to XCP. The notes
>> referring to rolling pool upgrade and XenCenter should be removed. Mike
> It wasn't c complete copy, but we may have not removed entries that are
> not applicable when going through the XS 6.1 notes.
>
> I can see the following entries referring to rolling pool upgrade:
>
> <li>RHEL 4.5 guests may crash when using the Rolling Pool Upgrade
> Wizard. Before upgrading a XCP host, you must shut down RHEL 4.5

  ^^^^^^ remove the word Wizard, and change to "when performing a
rolling pool upgrade."

> guests.  [CA-88618]</li>
>
> <li>If the Rolling Pool Upgrade Wizard discovers storage that is
> detached and cannot be reattached, it will fail (even when no VMs are
> using the storage). Users should either fix the access to the storage
> repository or remove it from the XCP pool before restarting the wizard.
> [CA-72541]</li>

^^^ Remove this bullet.

> environments. </li>

^^^ Okay here.

> <li>When installing XCP from a network repository (including when using
> the XenCenter Rolling Pool Upgrade wizard), you must configure the DHCP

^^^ Remove this parenthetical. Rest of the bullet is fine.

> server to provide the <tt>domain-name</tt> option, otherwise DNS will
> not work correctly, which can lead to a failed installation. [CA-74082]</li>
>
> Which one(s) should be removed? From the thread it sounds like the last
> one. If you let me know, I will take them out

The above changes should be all we need to make. Thanks Lars!

Mike