Re: [Xen-API] Fwd: Attach CD or Removable Devices

Paul,

I'm not sure about the PCI passthrough tutorial, but I hope that what I provide below will be of some help.

First, if I recall correctly, you'll need to add "iommu=1" into the Xen commandline.  If using grub, you can edit your /etc/default/grub file as root and to include at least the following or similar:

GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN="iommu=1"

As for xe commands, the PCI passthrough command in xe takes the following form:

xe vm-param-set other-config:pci=0/<pci-id#>  uuid=<uuid>

Or if you want to passthrough multiple PCI devices (or a multifunction device), the PCI passthrough command in xe takes the following form:

xe vm-param-set other-config:pci=0/<pci-id#>,1/<pci-id#>,2/<pci-id#>,3/<pci-id#>,4/<pci-id#>  uuid=<uuid>

You'll need to replace <pci-id#> and <uuid> with appropriate values.

Here's an example showing the xe command for the passthrough of 2 PCI devices:

xe vm-param-set other-config:pci=0/0000:00:1d.0,1/0000:00:1d.1 uuid=d6eb559e-af70-6f8e-d10f-62fc9f73db89

Of course, the your values for <pci-id#> and <uuid> will differ from the above example.

DISCLAIMER:  Although I hope to set up PCI passthrough on an XCP system in the near future, as of now, I have only configured PCI passthrough on a system that runs vanilla Xen.  So the above is based mostly on what I have gleaned from forum posts and replies, not on my own personal experience.

I invite others who know more about PCI passthrough to correct/clarify any of the above.

Best regards,
GizmoChicken