[Xen-API] XCP Guests Time Sync

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "P. Broennimann" <peter.broennimann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:04:02 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:04:42 +0000

Hi there

I found various posts on this but it is still not 100% clear to me.

I have two servers (with XCP 1.6) each running a handfull of Debian guests.

What is the best method to have the same time on all Debian guests? (On both servers there is a PostgreSQL database running in a master <-> master replication configuration so I am interested in having everywhere the same time).

I see the following solutions:

1) Each Debian guest has its own ntp client.
2) XCP uses ntp to sync its own time and all guests then sync themselves with XCP.
3) ???

Btw, does the installation of the "xs-tools" help in syncing times?

Thanks & cheers,
Peter