From: Mike McClurg [mailto:mike.mcclurg@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 04:31 PM
To: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: James Bulpin; xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] how to compile XCP source?

On 04/03/13 11:00, George Shuklin wrote:
> 04.03.2013 11:21, Mike McClurg ÐÐÑÐÑ:
>>> /var/tmp/xapi-0.2-root/opt/xensource/libexec/InterfaceReconfigureBridge.pyo
>>>
>>>        File not found:
>>> /var/tmp/xapi-0.2-root/opt/xensource/libexec/InterfaceReconfigureBridge.pyc
>>>
>>>        File not found:
>>> /var/tmp/xapi-0.2-root/opt/xensource/libexec/InterfaceReconfigureVswitch.pyo
>>>

>>> I think I'll find way to ship them inside srpm or change spec, but
>>> ...pyc files, should they be packed in rpm? I checked repository and
>>> found that xapi.spec file contains them.
>>
>> Hi George,
>>
>> I think that there's a build/package step missing somewhere that
>> compiles those python files, but I'm not sure where. I'd have thought
>> that rpmbuild might have done it, but I don't know for sure. Maybe to
>> unblock yourself just remove those pyo/pyc files from your spec file?
>> I assume that you're mostly worried about packaging Xapi at the
>> moment, not those python files.
>>
>> And thanks for submitting that github issue about the missing quotes.
>> It should be resolved now.
> I consult with python guys nearby - he says python can create those
> files in runtime, at fist run (not sure about pyo), so rpm doesn't need
> to generate them during build process.

Yes, that's true, but we package the pyc files in our rpm, and I don't
know why they're not built in the build/package process on your machine.
It's perfectly safe to not install them in your RPM. (Though I wonder if
there would be a problem with a file that was tracked by one version of
an RPM, and not in another later version...)

Mike