[Xen-API] Backup Solution for XCP 1.6

  • To: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Ryan Miller <ryan.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 12:58:59 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 12:59:16 +0000

Hey everyone,

I’ve recently installed a trial version of PHD’s virtual backup solution. So far, I like it. I am able to do a full restore or file level. However, PHD will not support XCP. (which isn’t a huge deal and not a surprise but if something else works as well and is supported, why not?)

I’m just curious what other people are using in the Xen community. Can someone share their favorite backup solution and if the vendor supports XCP? Also, I’m open to an open source solution as long as it is not too much to manage on a daily basis.

Main requirements…

Full restore

File level restore

Backup to iSCSI device