Re: [Xen-API] Creating NFS storage repository on the server with both XCP and NFS Server installed

Thu,

I'm also a newbie in XCP, so I don't know how much help that I can provide, but...

It's been awhile, and I might not be correctly recalling all the details, but from what I remember I was "sort of" able to do what you want to do.  That is, I was able to create an NFS-based ISO SR and an NFS-based VM SR, both hosted on dom0.  The NFS-based ISO SR was fully functional, but I had some problems with the NFS-based VM SR.  However, the problems with the NFS-based VM SR seems to be related to another issue that I'm having, so maybe they won't affect you.

I put my VMs in /nfs/xva and ISOs in /nfs/iso.  And while I'm sure there is a better way, if I recall correctly, I got things working by editing my /etc/exports file to include the following, or something similar:

/nfs/iso <host IP address>/255.255.255.0(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
/nfs/xva <host IP address>/255.255.255.0(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)

As for the xe command that you tried, I can't really help much.  I created my NFS-based SRs using XenCenter.  So you might want to give XenCenter a try for proof of concept.

Hope it works for you. Either way, please report back.  Maybe we can compare notes.

GizmoChicken