Re: [Xen-API] how to compile XCP source?

On 04/03/2013 06:13 PM, Sergio Macedo wrote:
Hello Mike,

I was able to compile and start the xapi toolstack without (much) trouble, thanks to your guide. (At the time I was building it, xapi-libs wasn't in the package, so the "fe" service was missing and I had to add it to the system...)

Right now, I have xapi answering without problems. All xe commands seems to work nicely (ie, xe host-list shows the host, xe vm-list shows the control-domain, etc). I haven't tried to create a VM yet because I still haven't defined a sr for them.

However, when I tried to connect to my test environment from XenCenter, it shows the host as in "Maintenance Mode". When I command it to exit maintenace mode, XenCenter fails the action and shows me "The server is still booting". I've seen situations with "host still booting" already with XCP, but in all of them it was impossible to execute any xe command on the host, which is not the case.

The server is a CentOS 5.9, with the packages built from the prep.sh plus xapi-libs-fe.

Do you have any suggestion or need any additional information/log?

An extra information: when I execute "xe host-enable", I receive "The host toolstack is still initialising. Please wait.".
I've already executed "xe-toolstack-restart" to no avail...

Thanks in advance.

--
Sergio Macedo

Suporte SO