Re: [Xen-API] Recovery of lost NFS VHD storage

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 02:12:43 +0400
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 22:13:05 +0000

The simplest way is reboot all hosts in pool.

If you don't want to do this, there is very slow and annoying way to fix problem by hand without global reboot.

You need to kill all domains (xc.domain_shutdown()), and then kill every tapdisk process related to VHD files from NFS. This gonna be very hard, because of lagging NFS, but finally they all die. After that you can plug/unplug every pbd for damaged SR and reset locks by /opt/xensource/sm/ resetvdis.py

If this is too hard to do - reboot'em all.

PS Most brutal way to reboot host is execute command:

echo b >/proc/sysrq-trigger

no sync, no grace, no mercy, no shame, no delay. Just reboot.