[Xen-API] hardShutdown V.S. destroy control domain

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: 博客來代訂@酷碰集散地 <book.ecoupon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 16:21:35 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:43:25 +0000

Hello all,
I'm using XenServer 6.1 Java SDK to manage XCP 1.6.
When shutdowning a VM, I can use hardShutdown or cleanShutdown.
I known the differences of the two.

Following this article, I found there's another way to shutdown the Pending VM.

My question is: what's the difference of hardShutdown and destroy the control domain?
Are there any side effects or risks to destroy the control domain?
Both the pending and normal state.
If there're no risks, why doesn't XCP use this to implement the hardshutdown function, since destroying the control domain won't be stucked.
Any suggestions for use or not use destroying control domain to force shutdown the VM?

Thanks.