Re: [Xen-API] Force shutdown VM

I wrote a tutorial for getting my stuck VMs shutdown. It works for me.Â

Grant McWilliams
http://grantmcwilliams.com/

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."
Now they have two problems.

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello.

I have a 4 nodes pool under XCP 1.6, it is running around 5 vm's each with Debian 6. One of the VM's (not hosted on the pool master) has stalled, I believe due to some internal reason, and does not respond to console or network. I'm trying to shutdown or reboot this VM, but unsuccessfully.

"xe vm-shutdown" made it show message "INIT: Switching to runlevel: 6" (it seems it was not completely freezed after all), but the VM did not actually shutdown.

After waiting a while, I tried "xe vm-shutdown force=1" with no visible result.
"xe vm-param-list" says "current-operations (SRO): clean_shutdown".

Under Xend I would do a "xm destroy", but it seems like a "destroy" is a different operation for XCP. "xe vm-destroy" complains about a inappropriate VM state:
expected: halted, suspended
actual: running

As the last resource I can reboot or power cycle the physical node, but I with there was a cleaner way.

Is there a equivalent to Xend's "xm destroy" Âin XCP 1.6?

Thank you.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov