Re: [Xen-API] VMs are using more memory than reported and expected

  • To: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Brian Menges <bmenges@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 09:01:30 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 10 May 2013 16:01:48 +0000

Pretty sure that dom0 is allowed to balloon up to 2gb, of which usually ~750m
is used unless the hypervisor is tasking hard.

This 'ballooning memory' won't be accounted for in xl list, but is still not
available for other VMs incase it is needed.

- Brian Menges
Principal Engineer, DevOps
GoGrid | ServePath | ColoServe | UpStream Networks