[Xen-API] Powertop-like tool for Xen / XCP

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Dimosthenis Pediaditakis <dimosthenes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 19:38:41 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 13 May 2013 18:38:56 +0000

Hi everyone,
Is there any tool like "powertop" which can report estimates on guest power-draw or energy consumption?
My understanding is that the hypervisor could keep accounting of resource usage by running VMs, which, combined with info provided by "powertop" could be translated into VM energy usage in Watts (using time granularity of a given time window).

I understand though that estimating VM energy consumption is a rather complex task:

I've seen a paper which uses a tool named "Xenpoertop" but haven't been able to find more about it online:

Thanks