[Xen-API] Plans for 64 bit dom0

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Phil Ritter <Phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 13:22:04 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 28 May 2013 18:37:36 +0000

Are there any plans to deliver a packaged version of XCP (the ISO version) with dom0 built on a 64 bit kernel?

64-bit is becoming more and more important for supporting some new device drivers and storage technology.  Also existing 32 bit dom0 is showing its weakness under heavy I/O workloads.

Debian xcp-xapi is not a good option yet as there are just enough differences to make it hard to manage.

Perhaps hope for 64-bit in 1.7 release?

Phil Ritter
Phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx