Re: [Xen-API] www.xenserver.org vs XCP

On 25/06/13 15:36, Gémes Géza wrote:
Hi,

I saw at
http://www.xenserver.org/overview-xenserver-open-source-virtualization/source-code.html
that xenserver source code is/going to be open sourced, does that mean,
that xcp will be merged?

Yes, you could think of it that way. XCP and XenServer have always been built from the same codebase, but XCP was essentially a (slightly) stripped down, de-branded version of XenServer. Now that everything in XenServer is open source, and all features are available for free, we don't need to have a separate XCP anymore. You can see the email I sent out just after this one for more details.

Mike