Re: [Xen-API] [xs-devel] xen-ringwatch - NameError: global name 's' is not defined

  • To: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: <rdartigues.ext@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 16:36:13 +0200
  • Accept-language: fr-FR
  • Acceptlanguage: fr-FR
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:36:25 +0000

Thank you for your input :^)

> From: David Vrabel [mailto:david.vrabel@xxxxxxxxxx]
>
> On 22/07/13 13:23, David Scott wrote:
> > On 22/07/13 12:56, rdartigues.ext@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm using XCP release 1.6.10-61809c.
> >> Suddenly today I got flooded by xen-ringwatch:
> >
> > I've cc:d xs-devel, since I'm not sure which repository xen-
> > ringwatch comes from. I don't think it's part of the xapi
> > toolstack -- is it a storage component?
>
> It's a workaround for guests which may lose interrupts, it will
> prod things if the shared rings are not being processed.  It comes
> from the Xen repository and I believe it is started by storage
> manager or xapi (but I'm not sure).

It's started by /etc/cron.d/ringwatch:
*/2 * * * * root xen-ringwatch check -T3 --kick | logger -p daemon.crit -t
RINGWATCH-ALERT

> It's not needed for most guests.  Most cases where it would fire
> historically is because of a (now fixed) bug in the dom0 kernel
> triggered by the use of irqbalanced.

Are you sure it's fixed for XCP 1.6.10-61809c (Linux
2.6.32.43-0.4.1.xs1.6.10.734.170748xen)?
Is there a way for me to check? Should I worry?

> >> Now I can get an error message:
> >> # xen-ringwatch check -T3 --kick
> >> Traceback (most recent call last):
> >> [...]
> >> Exception: Malformed Req input: 'req prod 2291415749 cons
> >> -2003551547 event 2291415750'
>
> The cons value is being incorrectly printed as a signed integer.
>
> It was a trivial kernel fix but you could try disabling xen-
> ringwatch as a workaround for now.

I don't understand what the script is supposed to do, I can change the Pattern
to accept signed integer and it will run through the end, but I don't know if
it will "do" what it's supposed to be done.

I'm willing to disable it (anyway it's broken and not doing anything now) but
I'd like to understand what's the worst which could happen, if I should monitor
something, etc.

Regards.

falsifie. Merci.

this message and its attachments.