Re: [Xen-API] Ubuntu 12.04 LTS + XCP-XAPI dom0_mem not obeyed

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 17:59:32 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 22:59:45 +0000

Hello.

El 22/07/13 14:07, Brian Menges escribió:
I’ve been fighting this for some time now, trying to get xen up and
running so I can virtualize an old windows box and stuff it in my
high-memory Linux system, but for the life of me I cannot get this thing
to obey dom0_mem.

I’ve edited /etc/default/grub and ran sudo update-grub several times
with differing settings, but it refuses to pick up the settings it
appears. Here’s my default grub file:

[...]
GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN_DEFAULT="dom0_mem=4096M,max:4096M dom0_max_vcpus=2
com1=115200,8n1 console=com1,vga"
Check if there is no other GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN_DEFAULT in the same file, later after the definition.

Make sure to run grub-update after you have altered /etc/default/grub, in order to force the actual grub.conf to be regenerated.

While booting, confirm interactively ('e' key over the Xen menu option) that the desired options are really present in the command line.

Inspect tho output of "xm dmesg", it mentions the command line that was used to load Xen at the very beginning.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov