Re: [Xen-API] noVNC and consoles from XAPI

  • To: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Harrie Pieters (Intern)" <harrie.pieters@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 16:39:11 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 16:39:27 +0000

On 26-07-13 15:50, "Olivier Lambert" <lambert.olivier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>Xen-Orchestra team reporting ;)
>

>We are experiencing some difficulties to get VNC consoles from XAPI
>witn noVNC. We try to get some inspiration from XAC project and other
>resources on the web [1], but without any success. The documentation
>is quite unclear about the HTTP Connect [2], because despite the steps
>we followed, we've got "strange" errors.
>
>Our code is fairly simple by the way [3], but we've got "Error during
>WebSocket handshake: Sec-WebSocket-Protocol mismatch". I think we miss
>something with the HTTP connect step, but XAC is pretty similar to our
>code, and it seems to connect directly VNC console like us.
>
>Important thing to note: we aren't executing XO on the XAPI host. And
>we are testing this XenServer's hosts (6.2)
>
>If you have any clue, It can really help us to speed up release date for
>XO :)
>

>Thanks,
>

>Olivier.

Hey,

So I think I ran into the same problem when trying to get noVNC upstream
to work with my library
(https://github.com/HPieters/xenapi-jquery/tree/master/examples/vnc). I
ended up changing the protocol to "chat" instead of binary or base64 in
the websock.js of noVNC
(https://github.com/HPieters/xenapi-jquery/blob/master/examples/vnc/include
/websock.js#L298) and that fixed it for me.

Cheers,
Harrie