Re: [Xen-API] Adding servers to a pool on 6.2 gives v6d license error

  • To: Nathan March <nathan@xxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: John Else <john.else@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 13:52:00 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 13:52:16 +0000

> On 7/30/2013 3:11 PM, Nathan March wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've got 3 brand new 6.2 (xcp mode) servers installed, created a pool
> > with one of them and it worked fine but on trying to add any of the
> > other servers I run into:
> >
> > > There was a problem with the license daemon (v6d). Is it running?
> >
> > Asides from the base install, I haven't done any configuration to
> > these nodes so not sure why this is popping up. There's multiple
> > people on the citrix forums posting about the same problem with no
> > solutions:
> >
> > http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?threadID=332339&tstart=135
> > http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?threadID=332355&tstart=0
> >
> > Anyone know what the solution is for this? I've run into it on upgrade
> > of an existing cluster as well, but this is a completely fresh setup...
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > - Nathan
> >

> For anyone else running into this, this is a problem with the pure-OSS (xcp
> mode) version of  6.2. Installing in normal mode resolves the issue.
>
> - Nathan

Hi Nathan, this is definitely a bug in how xapi behaves in xcp-mode.

I've raised a ticket internally - until we can hotfix this, the workaround is
to use normal (non-xcp) mode.

You might be able to get it to work by installing the non-oss v6d RPM from the
installation CD, but that kind of defeats the point of using xcp-mode :)

John