Re: [Xen-API] compiling storage managers (sm) to support LVM SR on vanilla centos + xenapi

Hi Sayid,

Thanks for reporting the problems you had with xen-api-rpm-buildroot.

> 1. the xen-ocaml* spec are overlapping with ocaml-xen-lowlevel-libs-*
> (plase see errors below). both are trying to install the same target
>
>  > Transaction Check Error:
>  >   file /usr/lib64/ocaml/xenstore/xenstore.a conflicts between
> attempted installs of ocaml-xenstore-devel-1.2.1-1.x86_64 and
> xen-ocaml-devel-4.2.2-23.el6.x86_64
>  >   file /usr/lib64/ocaml/xenstore/xenstore.cmxa conflicts between
> attempted installs of ocaml-xenstore-devel-1.2.1-1.x86_64 and
> xen-ocaml-devel-4.2.2-23.el6.x86_64

At least for now we rely on specific versions of the files packaged
in ocaml-xenstore-devel.  I've now marked it as conflicting with
xen-ocaml-devel, so yum will refuse to install one if the other is
present and will give a slightly clearer error message.   Of course
this won't help you if you really need xen-ocaml-devel to be installed.
Do you have some other dependency which requires xen-ocaml-devel?

> 2. there is some error when installing xenopsd-libvirt, but i don't know
> what the effect
>
>  >   Installing : xenopsd-libvirt-0.9.21-1.x86_64
>
>                                125/261
>  > Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package
> xenopsd-libvirt-0.9.21-1.x86_64
>  > error reading information on service xenopsd-libvirt: No such file or
> directory
>  > warning: %post(xenopsd-libvirt-0.9.21-1.x86_64) scriptlet failed,
> exit status 1

This happened because we had temporarily stopped building xenopsd-libvirt,
but had forgotten to remove the %post directive that installs the init
script.  This shouldn't cause you any problems, but I've updated the
package to put the libvirt subpackage back in, so this error shouldn't
happen again.

I'm afraid I can't offer you any advice about your storage manager question.

Thanks,
Euan