Re: [Xen-API] XenServer + libvirt + Ceph

Jonathan Gowar <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

[root@localhost ~]# xe sr-create type=libvirt name-label=ceph
device-config:xml-filename=sr.xml
Error code: libvirt
Error parameters: libvirt: VIR_ERR_65: VIR_FROM_30: Invalid secret:
virSecretFree

Hi Jonathan,

I don't know if it is the problem but maybe you should try to set up a secret in the configuration of your pool. I know that Cephx is using a secret key for authentication. If it is the case you must add this secret key into the XML provided to libvirt. And to deal with that you first need to create a secret by using "virsh secret-define", set the secret value of this key to the secret key used by Cephx for your user and then you can use this secret into the XML definition of your pool.

For example in my case I used the following XML:

<pool type='rbd'>
 <name>ceph</name>
 <source>
   <name>xen</name>
   <host name='10.197.217.22' port='6789'/>
   <auth username='xen' type='ceph'>
     <secret uuid='the_good_uuid_of_the_secret' />
   </auth>
 </source>
</pool>

Hope this help,