Re: [Xen-API] Issues and questions related to contribution metrics dashboard for XAPI and Mirage OS

On 01/04/2014 18:37, Thomas Sanders wrote:

Most of the XAPI-projectâs upstream forks were created by people who were doing work on the XAPI project (or precursor XenServer), and were created for use in or with the xapi project (but created outside the xapi-project space on github either due to obvious potential for wider use, or due to their initial status as personal experiments). It probably makes sense to include these ones in the analysis.

Thomas,
just checking whether I understand correctly. The repos below were
* created specifically for XAPI or XenServer
* the reason why they were forked were basically workflow related

These include:

PRDup git://github.com/xapi-project/PRDup.git

blktap-dkms git://github.com/xapi-project/blktap-dkms.git

cdrom git://github.com/xapi-project/cdrom.git

ffs git://github.com/xapi-project/ffs.git

libvhd git://github.com/xapi-project/libvhd.git

nbd git://github.com/xapi-project/nbd.git

netdev git://github.com/xapi-project/netdev.git

ocaml-fd-send-recv git://github.com/xapi-project/ocaml-fd-send-recv.git

ocaml-opasswd git://github.com/xapi-project/ocaml-opasswd.git

ocaml-tar git://github.com/xapi-project/ocaml-tar.git

ocaml-vhd git://github.com/xapi-project/ocaml-vhd.git

ocaml-xenstore-clients git://github.com/xapi-project/ocaml-xenstore-clients.git

ocamltest git://github.com/xapi-project/ocamltest.git

tapctl git://github.com/xapi-project/tapctl.git

vhd-tool git://github.com/xapi-project/vhd-tool.git

wsproxy git://github.com/xapi-project/wsproxy.git

xcp-eliloader git://github.com/xapi-project/xcp-eliloader.git

xcp-guest-templates git://github.com/xapi-project/xcp-guest-templates.git

xcp-idl git://github.com/xapi-project/xcp-idl.git

xcp-storage-managers git://github.com/xapi-project/xcp-storage-managers.git

xen-api-backports git://github.com/xapi-project/xen-api-backports.git

xen-api-client git://github.com/xapi-project/xen-api-client.git

xen-api-libs-specs git://github.com/xapi-project/xen-api-libs-specs.git

xen-api-libs-transitional git://github.com/xapi-project/xen-api-libs-transitional.git

xs-pull-request-build-scripts git://github.com/xapi-project/xs-pull-request-build-scripts.git

Thus, there is no real risk that the numbers will be skewed

Created for XenServer and (currently) categorised under XenServer rather than Xapi:

vncterm git://github.com/xapi-project/vncterm.git

OK, should this one be included under XAPI project?

Repositories forked from unrelated upstream projects:

oclock git://github.com/xapi-project/oclock.git

opam git://github.com/xapi-project/opam.git

opam-repository git://github.com/xapi-project/opam-repository.git

python-github2 git://github.com/xapi-project/python-github2.git

ocaml-sha git://github.com/xapi-project/ocaml-sha.git

The last of those was created by vincenthz, who also worked on XenServer and XAPI, but my understanding is that ocaml-sha was a separate personal project.

From what I read then, these 5 should not be counted as they would skew the stats

Regards
Lars

a while ago I kicked a conversation related to putting a dashboard for the Xen project sub projects together. As it turns out there is an issue in XAPI and MirageOS repositories on github. Some of them are forks of upstreams, which are hard for the tool to analyze. My proposal would be to *not analyse them* and include them into statistics. If I don't hear any screams, then this will be the default. The list of forks detected are listed below ...

Also, it would be good to let me know of any other repos that you dont want to analyse. The full list is at http://bitergia.com/projects/citrix-xen-dashboard/browser/scm-repos.html (note that there is 79 pages of them) which should be aggregated into buckets for XAPI and opam

Regards
Lars

= Detected forks in XAPI Project =
xen-unstable-mirror git://github.com/xapi-project/xen-unstable-mirror.git
[...]

= Detected forks in Mirage OS =
xen git://github.com/mirage/xen.git
mirari git://github.com/mirage/mirari.git
ocaml-cohttp git://github.com/mirage/ocaml-cohttp.git
ocaml-crypto-keys git://github.com/mirage/ocaml-crypto-keys.git
ocaml-cstruct git://github.com/mirage/ocaml-cstruct.git
ocaml-dns git://github.com/mirage/ocaml-dns.git
ocaml-openflow git://github.com/mirage/ocaml-openflow.git
ocaml-re git://github.com/mirage/ocaml-re.git
ocaml-tuntap git://github.com/mirage/ocaml-tuntap.git
ocaml-uri git://github.com/mirage/ocaml-uri.git
ocaml-xenstore git://github.com/mirage/ocaml-xenstore.git
opam-repository git://github.com/mirage/opam-repository.git