[Xen-API] how do dump the xmlrpc xml requests and responses to a file?

Is it possible to configure XCP to log the xmlrpc requests and

This logging is for development purposes, to see the packets while I
am developing against the API.  I have been using wireshark, but it is
quite time consuming to inspect tcp streams one-by-one in wireshark.

I've found the file /etc/xcp/log.conf (I'm using debian 7).  Although
the file looks promising, I couldn't find any documentation online for
that configuration file.

If it isn't possible to configure this basic logging, can anyone share
some tips how I could hack the ocaml code to perform some basic
logging?

Many thanks,

Chris